Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day to day blah blah blah

So I downloaded the student version of AutoCAD 2012, and I've watched 32 short videos (of 212) of the cad tutorials on youtube. I've been watching the videos at work, but I d/l'd the software at home and playing around a little at night. It's all basic stuff but it's good to refresh. I really need to order that textbook.

I'm waiting on the rain. Really waiting. That kind of tense waiting when you can't quite breathe deeply. Shallow anticipatory breaths. Disappointment that it's holding back so long. It's supposed to be here around midnight. The ground is so dry. When the wind is low we've been getting some of the old blackberry brambles we've trimmed burned off. I say "we" - that's me and my son. He likes to help out in the yard. That's my relaxation area to get away from the house.

I saw someone on G+ say that the only girly thing they do is crochet. That's about like me. And I haven't crocheted in a few years. I only cook for the family because it's cheaper than eating out, and no one else will do it without being told.

If I lived alone, I wouldn't cook meals. Blah. Who needs 'em? Gimme a chunk of meat roasted in the crockpot all day, or grilled steak and I'll eat just that. I started reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on my Kindle today and Holmes mentioned getting some cold beef and oooooh that sounded so delicious. Snack on wheat rolls and wine or stout and I'm good.

Oh, speaking of stout, I bought a bottle of Guinness stout in honor of St. Paddy's day coming up. There's a liquor store over by the fairgrounds that does a mix-n-match six pack thing. We love going there. Hubby was sick so he wasn't shopping with me Saturday, so I picked out three lagers for him and three ales for me. And I saw the Guinness in there among the ales and snagged it. Silly, not really a "great" stout per the beer snobs, but I don't care. I like it anyway. I like drinking a beer that is like eating dark bread.

One of the guys at work today shot a pen halfway across the room with the spring. That was funny. I thought it was a rubber band at first. I need to look up office toys. I know there's a ton of toys you can make with paperclips. Where was that article??

No comments: