Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nozzle, Conquered

I completed drawing the nozzle my boss asked me (about a year ago) if I could draw, including with a 2D dimensioned print, complete with section and detail views. It consists of a hollow cylinder with a top flange, horizontal and vertical external ribs, external tabs, a 45ยบ cut, a transitional leg and a daisy wheel.  Unfortunately I can't publish it here as it is proprietary.

From start to finish I completed the drawing in just over a week, and that was just in my spare time from doing all my other regular work -  maybe 2-3 hours per day, if that - there was more than one day in there I didn't get a chance to work on it at all.

But I am very excited that I was able to identify the tools in SolidWorks needed to get each process done. 

I got the power!  (music audio)

No comments: