Thursday, December 29, 2011

Reading on the Kindle

So the Kindle has been a very entertaining gift. I am very pleased. I finished The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, as downloaded via Amazon.com, and am now halfway finished with the next book on the Harvard Classics list, Fruits of Solitude by William Penn. This version is a raw scan of the book and is desperately in need of the Project Gutenberg polishing treatment. While I can read typo and can make my way through the book so, it is not pleasant to read.

I will definitely be looking for the next books on the list at Gutenberg.org. I may have to soon resume my volunteer work with proofreading if I keep reading as voraciously as I have been these past few days.

As a side note, I've also sent some PDFs of my SolidWorks drawings to my Kindle. They are clearly viewable, even if the screen is a bit small for trying to really look in detail at a drawing. It does have zoom and pan capabilities. Nifty.

On another side note, Google+ being what it is, I am finding myself posting there rather than writing a blog post. I may migrate all my posts there; I'm yet undecided which is better for what exactly. G+ doesn't seem to have the nice organized history function though.

No comments: