Saturday, August 8, 2009

The House pt.2

My memories weren't too far off (including having the right address), but the bedroom facing Peoria was my parents room - which makes sense because that's where Mom had placed my crib. Several things have changed but many are the same.

The "engraved" carpet I remember tracing my fingers through is gone - the beautiful wood floors that were underneath are now exposed. The back yard looks much smaller than I remember, but of course I was only about 3 years old when I tasted the dirt ...

With three floors, fireplaces, plaster moldings, every room a gorgeous showpiece, it is definitely a mini-mansion. If it sat on about 2 acres of land, I might actually want to buy it.

It's just not enough outdoor space for me - but the outdoor deck that's been added on makes the small back yard a beautiful outdoor space. It would be perfect for someone who didn't like mowing.

Hmm...

No comments: