Thursday, March 19, 2009

Come on Rain

It has been so long since I've seen the green blobs of color on the radar indicating rain that I am excited to see them, even if they are still a hundred miles away. They have inched closer, slowly, tantalizingly, but they do seem to finally be creeping this way. Oh I hope it makes it here. I miss the rain very much.

The pork was cooked through so now it is going through its cooling period in the fridge right now. It smells wonderful. I adapted a recipe from my newer Better Homes and Garden cookbook, Oriental Pork Ribs. I had everything but the preserves, so I used molasses for sweetener instead. This is the first time I've tried this cooking method - pre-cook, cool, and finish cooking. It came up on the SAHP forum (someone had a recipe for just browning the meat and then refrigerating and she said she never does it that way because not cooking it all the way through and then refrigerating sounded potentially hazardouos - and I have to agree) and I had recently seen Alton Brown do something similar, but cooked thoroughly and then refrigerated, so I decided to try it that way.

No comments: