Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Amusing Rejection

Hmph. I've been rejected! A type of explanation which has previously been absorbed and discussed with interest from both my kids was rudely interrupted by my formerly most-rapt pupil. I know my older one's interests lean more towards animals and clouds and my younger towards math, so I tailor my casual lessons to their individual interests whenever opportunity presents itself. Yes children do grow up. But for some reason I thought my educational explanation of physics and science would fascinate them forever.

After he returned from looking - of his own curiosity - at the water draining from the pool down the driveway, I proceeded to explain the process of siphoning and how gravity propels the water by pressure on the pool water surface, when my ten-year-old son said sarcastically "And when did I ask this?"

sigh

No comments: