Friday, January 27, 2012

Finishing the Flashlight

I am pretty much done with the flashlight, assembly and all. There's just one or two exercises to go - interference testing and I think a revision of the handle if I recall correctly.  This chapter is going by quickly. When I get to the end of the book I'm not sure what I will do next. I suppose I could go ahead and buy a newer version's textbook and try my hand at using 2007 on it. May not do me much good as far as practicing the new tools (since I won't have them!), but maybe it will get me introduced to the concepts so I'll know what to look for when I  get to try my hand at SW 2011 or 2012.

Here I copied that profile from the lens cap to create the internal thread:



 The housing had a handle, hole and ribs to add - almost complete here:








 Once I put the pieces together, I used section view in order to see the internal parts for mating them up. The parts that I built for this project (all shown except the lens which was suppressed during the bulb mating), include the housing, lens and lens cap, o-ring, bulb, switch, battery and battery cap.



All together now:


I want to click the switch.

No comments: