Saturday, June 5, 2010

The new Tulsa Driller's stadium is nice. Our son wanted to go to a game so we took him last night, and stayed for the Friday night fireworks of course. The new downtown location has an excellent view of the downtown buildings, which was very enjoyable for me.

I've never been one for watching sports, though. I strongly prefer to play games myself, not watch other people play. But anyway, we arrived an hour late so we wouldn't have to sit through so much waiting, so it wasn't too terribly bad. The smell of watery beer, sunscreen, and 15 different colognes wafting through the air was really the only bad part. The sun was setting and a calm breeze was blowing; it was a lovely evening to be outdoors.



I so love the old downtown architecture like the Mid-Continent Tower, the left-most tower above. My mom worked there before she was married. So many beautiful buildings, so many stories about Tulsa. ♥

No comments: