Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Food, work

Well the chicken got postponed since the two chickens were still frozen, but we had that yesterday - made chicken and dumplings. Sunday was balsamic chicken - I couldn't find my recipe so I made it from memory and it turned out fine.

Today I'm making pan-fried pork chops with potatoes and gravy and corn. We had corned beef and cabbage at Grandma's house today in honor of St. Paddy's (plus the extra dumplings I took to share, and weiners for the guys, Grandpa and ds - they won't eat the good stuff - lol). That was good - the one I cooked on the stove top last year was awful. Mom did hers in the crockpot on low all night. I'll have to remember that.

Anyway, work started picking up a little again today so that was a relief. But since I had planned the trip to the grandparent's, I couldn't grab as much as I would have liked. Hopefully it will be in good shape tomorrow too.

I've been listening here and there, in between my usual heavy metal and alternative stuff, a fairly new station to Tulsa, 93.5 FM. It's really oldies - 50s and 60s. I love that stuff sometimes. Great sing-a-long music. So on that note, I leave you with this:

"It started long ago
In the Garden of Eden
When Adam said to Eve
Baby, you're for me!
So come on baby,
Let's start today,
Come on baby let's play
The game of love
Love -la-la-la-la-love"

No comments: