Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Aussie news; and an Upcoming Wedding

Heard from my closest Aussie friend early yesterday, Ozbrat; that was a relief. Although I knew he had moved for work last year, I didn't know whereabouts. Turns out he was nowhere near the Victorian area. I am still wondering about a couple others I know well, and keep waiting to see posts from them at OLDr. Nature can be a horrific force.

So my daughter and I went to a bridal shower for my niece Sunday. She was born while I was in high school, 1983, and has been engaged since last fall. I am very happy for her and her beloved. And I am very proud that they are doing things in the right order. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the happy couple pushing a baby carriage.

That order is so crucial to building a strong foundation for a solid long-lasting relationship. Love your spouse first and foremost; that's the best thing you can do for your kids. To truly love their mom/dad, faults and all. For better or worse. Seriously. I am really looking forward to the wedding. It will be the first wedding our kids have ever attended so this should be very fun for them, plus it's a positive opportunity to teach that 'right order' concept as opposed to the numerous negative ones around. When you do things right, it's not always easy, but good things happen - and it's easier to show this by example.

Last night we had breakfast for dinner - waffles, ham & cheese omelette and grits. I always make a double batch and freeze all the extra waffles (cooked lightly - if they are too dark they get dry when toasted) for the kids to use in the toaster for breakfast. Tastes so much better than Eggos.

Tonight we will have pork roast. It is from Conrow's so I expect it to be delicious. Last time I went I asked about getting items ala carte from the freezer and sure enough, I was able to. Only problem is this one is really large. I will have to come up with something to do with the leftovers. I usually use beef for shepherd's pie but maybe pork will work. After all, it's actually supposed to be lamb. I don't know though. I will try to find something else to do with it first.

No comments: