Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just food

Playing catch-up:

Saturday was breakfast for dinner - bacon, pancakes, eggs. I mix my pancakes with about half wheat flour and then use extra milk to make it just a little thinner. I don't like those thick bready pancakes like restaurants make.

Sunday was baked chicken breast, sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Baked potatoes on the side, mozzarella cheese sticks and broccoli.

Monday was chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. I'm not real happy with the cube steak that I got in the freezer pack from Conrow's, but then again I don't really like any cube steak. I usually use very thin minute steak for my chicken fried steak, and cube steaks are always much thicker. Too thick. Ah well. I'll avoid getting the cube steak again.

Tonight is pork ribs. They are country style, not spareribs, so I'll put them in the crock pot here soon. A good dousing with salt, pepper and paprika sounds good. Maybe some onion powder too.

No comments: