Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Drafting Progress

I'm a whole lot faster than I used to be. I made all these in just a few hours, and a several more by the end of the day.


I'm already finished with the first chapter - I had scheduled that chapter to be complete by the end of the workday Friday. If I keep up this pace, I might be taking my certification test shortly after Halloween! Sweet.

Honestly, I could probably go ahead and take it and pass, but I want to go through this book as it is getting me up to speed on what's changed from SolidWorks 2007 to the 2012 version. With that big of a jump, there are a lot of tools in there that I have not yet stumbled upon just in directionless poking around. Book in hand, pointing me where to go and what to do, I learn much more than by random experiments.

I wish I would have had the wisdom to pursue certifications when I was younger. I'm only now going in the direction where I should have gone when I was 20. I was so clueless. Oh well, I took care of two very important responsibilities in the intervening years. And now I am wiser and understand where my education time should have been spent, and I am back on the right path instead of sidetracking around with all that accounting type stuff (lesson learned).

CSWA, here I come!

No comments: