Monday, June 14, 2010

Negative Ads Backfire

Surely I'm not the only one out there that is instantly put off by negative commercials. There's a radio station or two around here that criticize other radio stations "You won't hear this song on _____ because our music selection is bigger" or "You won't hear {short clip of heavy metal thrash song that I happen to like} on our station like you will on _____, just good music." And my immediate reaction is to give the radio a dirty look and change the station.

You know, just because you are playing a song I like, doesn't mean you should trash your competitor. I like the stuff they play, too. You just happened to catch my fancy with one or two songs. Don't get all uppity and put other stations down. You just pissed off a listener - err, scratch that, I'm not listening anymore - I just switched channels.

No comments: