Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Letter to TOG GW members

Reflections on our Guild Wars division.

First I want to apologize generally to everyone who was ever in the Guild Wars division of TOG and also to whomever may join TOG GW in the future. I apologize that I ever stepped down as DC. This is a mistake I have regretted from the very day it happened.

I let stress get the better of me and made a very poor decision under that pressure.

Next I want to apologize individually:
To Coelbrenn,
I am sorry I failed you. I am sorry I did not mentor and support you properly. I am sorry I did not take the time to help you communicate to others, although I did understand most of your goals. I am sorry I was not able to find a middle ground for us.

To Caro,
I am sorry I failed you. I am sorry I did not make a louder effort at extolling your diplomatic prowess. I am sorry I did not more strongly appreciate and acknowledge your efforts.

To Jia,
I am sorry I failed you. I am sorry that I gave up trying to help others understand your point of view.

To Rose,
I am sorry I failed you. I am sorry that I tired of listening to your words. I am sorry that I gave up trying to understand.

To RedPhoenix,
I am sorry I failed you. I am sorry that I took insult from your opinion and nursed this grudge.

To Defender,
I am sorry that I failed you. I know you are at heart a decent man with a very straightforward manner that simply wanted to protect his friends.

To Tavari,
I am sorry that I failed you. I counted you among my favorite friends but somehow we got lost in the shuffle.

To EF,
I am sorry that I failed you. May many more groups of friends grace your future.

To all those who followed my exodus,
I am sorry that I failed you. I am sorry that I was unable to handle the growth surge we experienced with grace and understanding of the changes and needs such growth would bring. I am sorry I was not there to help negotiate the crises I could no longer see behind closed doors. I am sorry that I was unable to reconcile us all to our former comrades. I hope that we can someday leave the pain behind us, but I know it is still very fresh for me.

To the admins and moderators who oversaw the fuss,
I am sorry that I failed you. I am sorry that I was unable to find a reconciliation point and that I allowed angry words to drive me away. I am sorry that I gave up.

To all those I have not mentioned,
I am sorry that I failed you. Your names are all too numerous to mention. I have found joy in spending time with you all. I hope that my pain will not disturb you.

I believe I have learned much from our turmoil over this past year. It has been a very painful lesson for me, but one that I much needed to learn.

No comments: